Wychwood Kiwifruit Orchards | TRI-D25

No more vines lost to Armillaria disease using TRI-D25

Application of TRI-D25 on Armillaria diseases soil
Some years ago now a willow shelter was cut down along our boundary and since this time we have had increasingly severe problems with Armillaria.
Over a period of time, 1 Ha of our kiwifruit vines have been lost to Armillaria. We have tried many and varied remedies to control the problem including 245D and a number of other products as well as other Trichoderma products without success.
We became aware of a product called TRI-D25 this last season and felt that it was worth a try. We followed protocols as set out for the use of the product very specifically which stressed the use of clean water, clean spray unit and filters and application under the rain.
8th October – cleaned tanks with urea – activated TRI-D25 for 4-6 hours by soaking in clean water.
9th October – Temperature 13 degrees – Applied 1kg / Ha with 2000 L/ Ha water and sprayed onto the soil in the late afternoon (long grass at the time). This application was followed by 2 days of steady rain.
20th November – A change was noticed on vines at flowering. Normally we would strip the sick vines of fruit to help them over this stressful period. If the fruit were left on the vines it would shrivel up and fall, if there were several hot days the vines would pack it in and die.
Since there was a noticeable change at this time we decided to leave the full load of fruit on the vines to pressure them so that any marked results could be clearly seen. The vines carried the fruit without a problem and looked good.
February – We reapplied TRI-D25 again through drippers in February, since there was no substantial rain during December / January. We applied TRI-D25 to 3 Ha through irrigation at 50 psi, which was followed by good warm rains.
The next day after application of the TRI-D25 we went to inspect the orchard and were amazed to see the ground covered with a white-like substance. We have since been informed that this was Mycelium growth. No more of our vines have been lost, these vines have yielded a full crop and new callusing of the bark and new cane growth is quite evident.
We are very happy with the results and intend to see the full potential of this product as well as others developed by JH Biotech Inc.
Peter & Stuart Law
See original document here